Notebook question (another)

The first thing I want to ask is whether it is possible to have the
notebook page number automatically assigned, or if this information
is available somewhere in the widget. The reason for this is one needs
the gtk_notebook_set_page() with a page/tab number but it seems one
has to keep track of it (among appends, prepends etc etc etc). I have
been trying to use (now by memory, don't have my code here) gtk_notebook_
get_page() or something like that during the creation of a tab and then
putting that in a special structure, but the number I get back doesn't
seem to be reliable. Any ideas, hints or suggestions are welcome.

The other thing is a strange behaviour I am seeing in my notebook, I
create about 5 tabs but focus always goes to the 3rd. I look in my code
and don't see any set_page() that could cause this.

Ah! yet another notebook question... In my button callback I use
gtk_notebook_set_page() to automatically 'focus' to the output tab but
this does not seem to work from within this callback, only in the main
or the menu callback. A bit strange.

Hope to hear some feedback on the subject.

		TIA,
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands
emilio_tunon@nl.compuware.com  Tel. +31 (0)20 3116 200 ext. 413