Re: [gtk-list] Re: YAOCW (Yet Another Objective-C Wrapper)

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Helge Hess wrote:

> When I asked about obgtk it turned out that there is no interest in
> making the stuff FoundationKit-dependend for several reason (eg not
> making GNOME dependend on another library). This time this was the main
> reason for me to start GTKKit.
>
> I think it's quite valid to have two different kits, one for plain-ObjC
> (to be used in GNOME) and one which is more oriented towards GNUstep
> (and integrates with their makefiles and classes well).

I agree.

> Just looked at the new objgtk and it is plain-ObjC, I'm not sure what
> the improvements against obgtk are.

I agree.

Two wrappers, which are set to achieve different purposes, are probably
good. Three is too much. :)

> > -- Elliot
> > Forget IRC clients. Scratch clock applets. Writing Objective C wrappers is
> > the new gtk fad of the day!
>
> Well what about an (or two,three) 'IRC-client-kit' in Objective-C ? ;-)

girc is written in ObjC. Feel free to grab the non-GUI parts of that for
an IRC client kit. :)

-- Elliot
Forget chickens, I want to know whether the assembler or the OS came first.