Re: [gtk-list] Re: CORBA (was: Re: New key-binding system)

On Fri, Jul 10, 1998 at 10:46:55AM -0000, nelson-gtk@crynwr.com wrote:
> You're confusing the concept with the implementation.  Maybe there's
> something in the CORBA definition which makes all implementations
> bloated.  If so, that's good reason to be non-CORBA-compatible.  But
> the idea is that every program which runs on your system provides
> functionality that becomes available to every other program.  So you
> have a scripting language which stuffs all that functionality under a
> GUI.
>
> Yes, it's a different concept, but it's a good concept.

and if well implemented, it should actually REDUCE code duplication and the
number of required shared libs to be loaded ... reduce in bloat ...

it seems that this guy (the original it's a bloat poster) considers
everything beyond a hello world program being bloated ...

the probelm with corba is not the bloat, but the fact that the only few
orbs that are out there ARE bloated .. which is a bloated implementation
not the idea ... there can be bloated ideas that are impossible to implement
without bloat, but corba is not one of them (here I refer to microkernels,
X or the editor that does everything:)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: