RE: [gtk-list] Gtk & Qt

According to SEBASTIEN GAUTHIER:
| This is perhaps a newbie question but is I'd like to know the
| differences
| between the GTK and the Qt libraries.
| I'm using KDE which is based on the Qt libs and which provides
| interesting
| stuff for a redhat user (like a great package manager). Can the
| GTK-based apps be used under a Qt-based environment?
| Thanks,
| Seb.
|
| --
| /dev/null

Gtk and Qt differ in many ways, too many to enumerate here.  They are
separate libraries, but there are many religious issues pertaining to
their `freeness'; I'll let someone else explicate that. To answer
your question, yes, you can use Gtk based applications in a Qt based
environment.  Just as you can use glibc2 along with xlib6.

--
tile
tile@primenet.com