Re: [gtk-list] Re: vi bindings for text widgets

I have to say I really don't see what the problem here is - as of yet
noone's actually added vi bindings, and when they do it will be a *good*
thing, because it'll provide more options to the user and the programmer
alike - I personally would like to be able to go into gedit, and click
"Toggle VI mode" and have it behave like vi/vim... When someone *does*
finally add this functionality, it will of course have the option to turn
it off (it should probably be off by default, and let the program call a
gtk_text_set_vi_mode () if they want to change the editting mode)
otherwise it won't be accepted. I don't think anyone's seriously proposing
that the text widget use a vi mode *instead* of the way it currently does
it. Functionality and customizability are good things...

--
Evan Lawrence