How to create a new signal?

I want to create a new signal which has an integer as a
parameter. This signal shpould be emitted when an event_box receives a
button_press event. I looked thorugh the tutorial (doesn't even
mention signal definition) and through the source and i came to the
point where i have to define the marshaller function. Now i don't know
how to do this. Anybody out there who kbnow how to do this?
--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.gams.net/~mla> or query PGP key server for PGP key.