Re: [gtk-list] Gtk--: Adding scrollbars to text widget

> Hi,
>         I'm having one heck of a time adding a vertical scrollbar to a
> Gtk_Text
> object.  I've figured out that Gtk_Text has a 'vadj' and 'hadj' of type
> Gtk_Adjustment.  And so I need to give Gtk_VScrollBar the 'vadj' to get
> it to work.  But I couldn't figure out how to do that :-(.  I've tried
> useing gtkobj() to get it, and some other stuff, but....nope.

I created a scroll-window and added the text widget.

It's there, but I wouldn't say it worked as I expected.. gtk_text_insert()
just seem to totally disregard my wish that it should append the text, not
delete everything else and then print it first.

Else.. GTK tutorial chapter 11:

  vscrollbar = gtk_vscrollbar_new (GTK_TEXT(text)->vadj);
  gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), vscrollbar, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
  gtk_widget_show (vscrollbar);

text is a gtk_text_new(NULL, NULL);

I use gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT(recvtext), NULL, NULL, NULL, tmp, strlen(tmp));
in a loop, not doing anything else with it. Doesn't matter if I use
gtk_text_set_point() before I experience the same problem that it just
clears everything first and then puts it on the first line.