gdkfont bug ?

I just changed a program from using a GtkList to use a GtkCList, and I now
get the following warning:

** WARNING **: file gdkfont.c: line 195 (gdk_string_width): "string != NULL"

I get this every time I resize/move the window, anytime I pull down a
GtkOptionMenu, when I change an item in the GtkCList, etc.  I thought
perhaps it was my code, but the same thing happens with Electric Eyes.

If you need more information, let me know.  I'm using Gtk 1.0.4, glibc2,
kernel 2.0.34.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Wise
jwise@pathwaynet.com