Re: [gtk-list] Re: vi bindings for text widgets

At 12:13 PM 7/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Edit mode, along with double-click time, could be set in the users
>.gtkrc file.
>
>Does this sound viable?  Other toolkits let the programmer set these
>things, but gtk already has rc parsing capabilities -- so let the USER
>set it!
>
>Why not have gtk look for ~/.gtkrc every time gtk_rc_parse is called?
>It would read in ~/.gtkrc before the .rc file that was requested.

What happens if you have more than one file to parse?
If the first file over-wrote a definition from the ~/.gtkrc file,
you would overide that change by loading it in again.

If you use a standard configuration file, then you should only read it once.

>Things that could go into ~/.gtkrc could be:
>
>	Edit mode
>	Double Click Time
>	Slide Button Contents When Pressed
>	Default font size
>	Default fg and bg colors
>
>Some of this is probably gnome type stuff, but the Double Click Time is
>#define'd to be 250 ms, and that's too short for me.  I'd like to be
>able to change it SOMEHOW.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho