Re: [gtk-list] Re: Automatic generation of gtk+ interface

Didimo Emilio Grimaldo Tunon <emilio_tunon@nl.compuware.com> writes:
>   Back to that I think it would be nice to have some sort of compatibility
>   table or map available on Gtk.Org (?) that could tell you which versions
>   of Glade, GladeMM, Gtk-- etc etc etc are compatible with a particular
>   version of gtk/gdk/glib. Specially now that Glib will be distributed
>   separately (???).

hmm, Maybe gtk--'s release notes could have that information...

> > (There has been talks with some people using gtk--'s signals in other
> > projects about making the signal system/object model a separate
> > library - Making it language independent would be important to keep it
> > consistent on all platforms.)
> >
>   Oh boy, yet another spinoff :(

Spinoff's are not a bad thing. Reinventing incompatible wheel is much
worse.  Noone is really planning to separate it from the distribution
(like happened with glib), but just remove dependencies to gtk-- from
it. Cvs allows neatly to take part of the distribution from different
sources (== separate dir)

> some time ago (last month?) there was
>   an interesting article on Dr. Dobbs (unfortunately WinCough oriented)
>   about an event listener class, other objects simply register themselves
>   to the listener and when the event occurs all the objects get notified.

Sounds much like the signal stuffs we have :)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --