Re: [gtk-list] Grrr. aclocal; automake; autoconf

From: Daniel R Risacher <risacher@worldnet.att.net>

> So I tried to go bleeding-edge and start building the Gimp and Gtk
> =46rom the CVS tree, but can't seem to navigate the maze of twisty
> little automagic files, all alike.  I believe that I have the
> recommended versions of automake, autoconf, and libtool, but it still
> doesn't work.  Is there some secret trick I'm missing?
>

> -Dan Risacher
>

> gtk+# aclocal; automake; autoconf
> aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

This seems to indicate that something went wrong with your libtool
installation.

It should have put a file libtool.am in the directory
/usr/local/share/automake (depending on the prefix you specified)
Perhaps you specified a different prefix for libtool and automake?

That's my best guess. Look for libtool.am and see where it ended
up...

Regards,
                                        Owen