Re: [gtk-list] GTK tables

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, George wrote:

> recently I encountered an error with GtkTable, when GTK_EXPAND or
> homegenius was enabled and the cells were small and the table was large,
> a roundoff error was introduced to the extra variable and thus the last
> cell was bigger (by quite a LOT!) ... the solution is to recalculato the
> variable "extra" each iteration tehreby reducing the error to +/- 1 pixel
>
> here's a patch ... I hope I haven't missed anything! ... please test it
> and I would like a solution to this problem in GTK since without it my
> new panel implementation looks VERY strange :)
>

> --- gtktable.c.old	Wed Jan 21 03:23:07 1998
> +++ gtktable.c	Wed Jan 21 03:16:39 1998
> [...]

I submitted a patch about that named gtk-ajaborsk-971016-0.patch.gz

Unfortunately (for me, at least !), It was rejected. I don't know why
(too complex ?).
Any other reason ? (Question to source tree maintainers)

It's available at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/gtk/patches/old/

My patch also correct(ed) the same problem in the boxes widgets.

Probably it does not apply to current source tree, but maybe should I try
to make it up to date ...

	Alex