Re: [gtk-list] Re: Rules on submitting patches.

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> In a previous message, Shawn T. Amundson says:
> >  * Upload all patches you actually want in future releases to the ftp
> >    server: ftp.gimp.org/incoming.  When figuring out the date to
> >    include in the patch name, use yymmdd, not your favorite method.
>
> Not that its that important for patches, but shouldn't that be yyyymmdd?

That just makes the patch name longer, and since patches usually expire
after about 2 weeks it really isn't an issue.  We will have problems
in 2097 with uniqueness, but hopefully we can remove patches that old
from the ftp server.

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;