Font selector widget

Has anyone considered writing a font selector widget?  Since there is a
color-selector widget, it seems logical that there should be a
font-selector as well.  I would certainly find it useful.  (Even if
such pre-packaged UI widgets don't really belong in GTK...)  I am
probably going to end up adapting the GIMP text-tool box for my own
use and implementing it as a composite widget...

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know of a font-manager program
for X (using GTK or otherwise)?  Something like a GUI frontend to
type1inst.

--
David Huggins-Daines
bn711@freenet.carleton.ca