Re: [gtk-list] Re: KDE Gnome Qt gtk--

"Eric J. Schwertfeger" <eric@cybernut.com> writes:
> From what I've seen (and done, but not in great detail), creating custom
> widgets, particularly subclassing existing widgets, is easier with Qt,
> because of c++ and inheritance, rather than trying to fake object oriented
> programming in c. (but, there's always gtk--, which I haven't been keeping
> up with, though I should).

Gtk-- fixed this problem 1-2 months ago. Subclassing from existing
widgets now works correctly and is as easy or easier than in Qt. And
it works with plain C++ - user code is always C++ code and tools
handling C++ code (like emacs C++ mode) need no changes to handle it,
Browsing through gtk-- web page helps quite much, specially if you
know either gtk or Qt already.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --