Re: [gtk-list] Re: parent_class

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Paolo Molaro wrote:

> You can override the virtual methods in the base class: to do so
> you overwrite the pointers int the Gtk*Class structs (it's a copy
> of the base class's structure).
> If you want to call a method in the base class you need to keep a
> pointer to the base class's structure (ie not to the *copy* in your
> widget's class struct) and hence the static GtkWidgetClass *parent_class.

Ignore my earlier blather on this, you are correct of course. I was
thinking the poster was pointing out a parent_class pointer in
GtkObjectClass which pointed to the real parent class.

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"They don't let my code go into shipping products," Gates said. "They
 haven't done that for eight years." (at the 1997 PDC)