Re: [gtk-list] parent_class

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> most widgets define such a var in the *.c file:
>
> static GtkWidgetClass *parent_class = NULL;
>
> and some (togglebutton) do not. Why?
>
> The _Gtk*Class struct contains a parent_class var and ofter there is the
> static var in the *.c files. Why are there two parent vars?

I guess a lot of us (ok, me) aren't aware of this, and/or find it easier
to just use our own variables...

Feel free to submit patches to change this,
-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"They don't let my code go into shipping products," Gates said. "They
 haven't done that for eight years." (at the 1997 PDC)