Re: [gtk-list] Re: Killing Widgets: simple source

On Dec 24,  3:39pm, Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:
> Subject: [gtk-list] Re: Killing Widgets: simple source
> On Dec 24,  3:06pm, Tim Janik wrote:
>
> > ok, listen:
>
> 	yep masterrrrr ;-).

	Hey, I'm back ;-). Just thinking back about this "core dumping event",
when you call the "detroy" signal of a wm.

> 	Yep, I understood it like that (in fact, xterm complains about "broken
> pipe" in the same case), so that's what a teacher like me call a "mistake in
> the tutorial". I think that using "destroy" is not very good, and this
question
> will be back soon...

	See, I said It would be back ;-). Now, two qustions about the way a
user can close a window. The user can close the window, with the cross, on th
etop right, yep? So, looking in testgtk.c and helloworld, I understood that
this i the "delete_event" call. Now, what is the "destroy" event? Is it really
usefull to connect this signal, because, I can't see any way to activate it.

	And now, a question in which you will see I'm a biologist ;-). When you
destroy the window with the wm destroy event, this dumps a core. I don't like
that. Xterm take time to write a "connection close" message in stderr.
	Because this can be a way for a computer illiterate user to close its
application, is there a way to prevent the core dumping? See, I have 600 users,
and because some are working on part of proteins called "core", It's hard for
me to make a "delete_core" script (even if it could be possible to have the
type, etc., I know).

	So, is it in the plan? I missed something?

						Thanks for your help.

							Francois.

P.S.: I will also make applications for childs, so I have to prevent several
misuse of the application ;-).

--
Francois Jeanmougin     | groupe de bioinformatique / bioinformatics groupe
tel:(+33) 3 88 65 32 71 | IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France