Re: [gtk-list] Window size change notification

Erik Gilling <konkers@wolfram.com> writes:

> Is there any way to get notification when a gtk_window changes sizes.  I've
> tried connecting to the signal "move_resize" as such:

Try connecting to the "configure_event" signal instead. This signal
will be generated whenever the size of the GDK/X window for a widget
with a window (like the Window widget) changes. Which I think is what
you want here.

> gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(window), "move_resize", move_handle, NU
> LL);
>
> and move_handle never gets called.

Never? Probably just not when you expect. It should certainly
be called if the windows preferred size changes due to changes
to the widgets inside it, for example. But it won't be called
when the user resizes the window manually. It basically is meant
to act more like a "virtual function" then something the user
would commonly hook an action to.

Regards
                                        Owen