Re: [gtk-list] Strange "delete_event" and "destroy_event"

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Daniel Skarda wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I think that last gtk+0.99.2 introduce new bug in "delete_event" - I noticed
> this bug in some Gimp and testgtk windows (Gimp/File/Preferences,Gimp/File/New,
> all testgtk windows... etc):
>
>   Try to close the window from your window manager but DO NOT move your mouse -
> just click in you favourite window corner (this bug is not window manager
> specific - I tried it with two different window managers - so do not flame me :)
> - but nothing happens, window is still on the screen. Now you can move your
> mouse - bang - window is closed.
>
>   I did not examined this bug closely but it seems to me that it is independend
> to style of window destruction (return TRUE from delete_event or other...)
>
>   I know that this bug is really small one - but.... - but sometimes it is very
> disturbing when window closes when _it_ wants. What do you think? Is this bug or
> I just missed something (it is 12:38 AM :) ?

I noticed this bug a couple of weeks ago or so, not just at 0.99.2. So
when tracking down the bug don't limit yourself to just the new changes.
I mentioned the bug on the Gimp irc channel, but not on this mailing list.

I _think_ that the bug happens with Gzilla and the gtk-xmhtml xtest
program, but not with Gimp itself. This may provide clues as to what's
going on.

Raph

P.S. While on the subject of bugs mentioned on the irc mailing list,
gtk_entry has an interesting one: enter some text, select the middle
third with click-and-drag, then press ctrl-A, ctrl-K. The selection
highlight remains even though the text is gone. This is a pretty minor
bug, but it would still be nice to fix.