Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pls. Help me with GTK

Glenn <glenn@email.com.ph> writes:

>   Yes, I am using Redhat, 4.2 and I haven't installed any new C libraries,
> well I tried to install glibc 2.x but it didn't work so I just uninstalled it
> with rpm , do you think that what I did with that affected GTK ?,

Sounds like a good guess. I think the glibc 2.x rpm overwrote your
old header files and didn't restore them when it was removed. I'm
surprised you can compile anything.

>     How do I make my header files match with my C library again?

Well, you could try to reinstall the libc 5 rpm from Redhat 4.2. That
might work, though I don't know much about Redhat. On the other hand,
if you have a bunch of free time, it might be more profitable to
upgrade to Redhat 5.

>     If I am not able to fix this problem, you said that installing the next
> release will fix it, when will the next release be released?

It is out now. But learning more about your problem, I suspect it
won't help.

Regards,
                                        Owen