RE: [gtk-list] Segvs and other madness

On 25-Feb-98 Gregory A. McLean wrote:
> (gdb) bt
>  #0  0x4018fe8f in chunk_free () at malloc.c:2838
>  #1  0x4018fd01 in __cfree () at malloc.c:2684
>  #2  0x4012f3ff in g_free () at gmem.c:591
>  #3  0x400c17b0 in gtk_statusbar_pop () at gtkstatusbar.c:166

It could be that a string is too long for it's array. I've seen
similar things happen when I didn't allocate enough space to hold a
string <blush>.

Tony

(Hurrah! I think I sidestepped back onto the list by completely
changing my domainname on my mail, to one I had hidden up my sleeve -
the mailing list software has lost my tracks).
--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.