Re: text widget

George <jirka@5z.com> writes:

> Quoting George (jirka@5z.com):
> > > What's the problem with text deletion?
> >
> > using testgtk and the enwest cvs source I found that going to the end of
> > line does not allways work (seem to me once you scroll) ... it seems the
> > text is getting editted correctly but it's not redrawing
>
> don't you hate it when you don't finish your sentence :)
>
> I meant to say .. when you go to the end of line and press delete, ...
> weird stuff happens ... (when you have usd the scrollbar already)

I think this was fixed recently by Magnus Hulthen's patch - are you
using the current CVS?

If you have any interactive sequences that can mess up the text
widget (say, in testgtk) I'd appreciate hearing about them - I
think I got it to mess up once, but was unable to duplicate that
in ten more minutes of fooling around.

> plus are home and end supposed to get you to the beginning and end of file
> ... I'm used to them doing this only on the line ... maybe I should
> go and implement a VI mode for the text widget :)

The HOME/END behavior is standard the Emacs keybinding, and I think
found elsewhere. it has always seemed somewhat useless to me, but I
just use C-a/C-e. (Which don't work in the Text widget right now,
so don't feel left out as a vi user)

Regards,
                                        Owen