Re: text widget

On 24-Feb-98 Owen Taylor wrote:
> I don't see word-wrap as a pressing issue.

I'm interested in getting it to wrap on words rather than split
them across lines.

> What's the problem with text deletion?

I was kinda fishing on this one, as I'm not 100% sure it isn't
a problem with my code :-)

I've got some code that forces the text widget to always display the
bottom of the text widget (ie. auto-scroll), and it interacts with
text deletion in a bad way. I'll try and put some test code together.

It would be better though, if the text widget had a facility for
tracking the insertion point, such that is is always 'visible', ie.
in the viewport.

BTW, the gtk-list software doesn't appear to like me this week, and
isn't sending me anything from the list, not even my own postings.
I'll try and sort this out, but please bear it in mind if replying.

--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@minotaur.dra.hmg.gb>
You never gain something but that you lose something.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.