Re: Stock icons on menu items

On  9 Feb, Tim Janik shouted:
->  On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
->
->  >
->  > > But when I use gdk_imlib in gnome-stock every app using libgnomeui has to
->  > > link against gdk_imlib. Will gdk_imlib be part of gnome or will there be a
->  > > check in configure?
->  >
->  > Well, considering all of the things gdk_imlib buys us, we will make
->  > gdk_imlib a gnome required library.
->
->  hm, are there any plans on distributing gtk+ along with gdk_imlib?
->  seems there are more and more programs turning over to gdk_imlib for
->  image loading.
->  i'd really like to know peoples opinions (especially raster's since he
->  mentioned this possibility some while back on gtk-list) on distributing
->  the gtk+ package with glib, gdk, gtk *and* gdk_imlib.

I believe it's not my place to make that decision - I will allow the
wisdom of others to reign in this matter... I will merely do my best to
maintain Imlib and expand it/ improve it/fix it as best I can. I
welcome other peoples attempts to do the same. I already have a lot fo
things to do - Imlib is merely one of them. It has been worked on hard
recently due to demand/need for it. I will now loo at porting bits of
gnome to use it. I leave it up to the public to judge its usefulness.

->  >
->  > best wishes,
->  > Miguel.
->  >