Re: Widgets w/o borders & shadows?

Vidar Madsen <vidar@vidar.prosalg.no> writes:

> Hi all! Just a quick question;
>
> Is it possible to draw widget, i.e. a button or menubar, without any
> shadow or "3D-like" border?
>
> I tried using labels instead, but I couldn't get them to work with
> tooltips...

If you put the label into an EventBox and set the tooltip on
the EventBox, it will work. (But you'll have "link" type clicking
instead of button type clicking - i.e. you won't get visual feedback
and the action will be on the release - unless you do a lot more
work)

> I'm tempted to make a separate widget for it, something like
> "GtkBorderlessButton" or similar... OTOH, we could have an awful lot of
> widgets around eventually, if we'd have a new one for every tiny
> "speciality".

Shawn was thinking about writing such a thing a long time
ago. (For Aorta) I don't know if he ever did. (As you say,
it may not be the best approach..)

Regards,
                                        Owen