Re: [gtk-list] Re: GLE, a first draft

Hello,

thi ideas for the new GUBI make me remember LabWindows CVI which I have
to use for controlling some measuring devices.  (To say it clear: I don't
like LabWindows which runs under Windows but it is the easiest way for
measuring purposes because of the rich found of drivers.)

This has a User Interface Builder which creates some User Interface
Resource files in binary format.  In my opinion this binary format is
bad because to move some parts of the interface you have to move it
by dragging it with the mouse.  I would like to be able to have an exact
positioning may be in this way:

    1) create a User Interface in the described way
    2) save it in a *Textfile* (ASCII)
    3) give the user the chance to edit this textfile with any
       editor to adjust some coordinates etc by hand.

This would require some kind of "UIR-language" and may be it would slow
down the whole stuff slightly.  But I think this idea is worth to think
about.

Generally it is a very nice job you want to do.  I'm very impressed
about the energy with that gtk and friends are pushed foreward.  Thanks
to all the developers.

Regards

           Andreas.