Re: [gtk-list] possible bug with events

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Scott Goehring wrote:

> If you delete a widget with a window that has focus, GTK will send the
> widget a FocusChange event _after_ the widget has been deleted.  (At
> least after the widget's window has been deleted.)  This behavior is
> probably wrong.

can you please provide a small testcase for this and mention the
gtk+ version you are running?
assuming you are running the current cvs version, i don't understand that
behaviour, because the widget will reset the user_data of a GdkWindow upon
destruction, and therefore gtk+'s event loop shouldn't be able to tell
what widget needs to receive the event.
but maybe you have really triggered some problems with delayed event handling
and a widget with !GTK_REALIZED receiving an event for one of its GdkWindows
that are no longer pertinent. (though i doubt that is the case)
so a short testcase would probably help me to figure out what's really going
on in your case.