GTK/GNOME internationalization

 Hello,

 I've read on the Red Hat Labs page that people are working on i18n for
GTK specificaly on right-to-left support for languages like Arabic.
Is this going to be included in GTK 1.2 and how far is i18n support in
GTK now when compared to Qt 1.4 ? Can you give me the address of pages
on the net about i18n support for GTK/GNOME ? What does right-to-left
support mean exactly?  Does it mean that in the combo box, the down
arrow is on the left instead of the right? And does this apply to
every widget having a mirror twin (left/right)  Like a memo/text box
with the scroll bar on the left (instead of on the right)?

 Thank You