Re: [gtk-list] Problems running code that uses GTK+ 1.1.9

I'm experiencing the same problem with a RedHat 4.2 system.
(reported a few days ago).

When they moved the Gtk event loop inside of GLib something
broke in GTK+/GLib 1.1.8.

The only GTK+ example program that sort of works is "progressbar"
or something like that because it kicks the dead event loop
every so often with a timer event.

If you add a dummy timer with a small period then any GTK
program will sort of "work".  However, then you get a whole different
set of problems - fatal GDK X IO errors.

I've built with and without thread support and it makes no difference.

-Andrew