Install problems

I am trying to install gtk+ on Solaris 2.5, and have run into a few
problems.

I find that configure fails on the "glibtest" step with error of
"*** The test program compiled, but did not run..."

But I think I can link with the correct version of glib OK.
For example, linking a test program using "-Wl,--rpath
-Wl,$MY_PREFIX_DIR", I can printf the glib_{major,minor,micro}_version
variables (and they are 1.1.9).  When I configure with --disable-glibtest,
gtk+ will compile.  Then I link the gtk helloworld program with same
linker options, but it hangs during gtk_init().

Any suggestions?
--
Gregory C. Sharp
gsharp@umich.edu