GNOME OO Question

Hello,

I would like to get involved in the GNOME development cycle.  I am just
a bit confused though, without starting a flame war.  I have been an OO
developer for about 5 years now with 3 years of that doing NeXTStep
development in Objective-C.  I am curious as to why GNOME was not
written in an OO language? Is anyone working on a OO-GTK or such kit to
wrap the GTK+ in C++, Obj-C, or something of the like? I think that
GNOME has huge potential and I think it is a lot better the KDE but this
use of plain C is just killing development. Any constructive responses
please, if you are just going to flame me please do not bother, I am
approaching this seriously and honestly.

Sean
--
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can
          alter his life by altering his attitude"