GDK newbie

Hi.
I'm having some serious trouble figuring out GDK, especially the graphics
context things, colors, and things like that. I set out to make a program
sort of like "xflame", my first project with GTK/GDK. I have a drawable,
and i am able to draw lines and such, and i have been able to somehow
select the color i want, but i don't have a clue how it works :) I've
tried reading the source, and the docs (not that the docs are very
up-to-date), but neither helped me a lot. Does anyone know where i can get
info on this? How did any of you figure this out? I've never done any real
X programming before.

Ketil Froyn
--
The Heineken Uncertainty Principle:
        You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/
mailto:ketilf@ifi.uio.no