Re: Vertical rulers

> Whilst on the subject of rulers, is there a reason why the don't use
>  adjustments, like scrollbars, scales, spin-buttons and viewports. It would make
>  life more consistent if they did - or have I missed something ?

Well scrollbars, scales, spin-buttons and viewports don't do the same
thing as rulers do. In my application I draw a graph on a drawing area.
When the user moves the mouse over the graph he should be able to tell on
what coordinates he is. Sure, I could just use some label telling him the
coordinates, but rulers are at least a good-looking complement.

I use scrollbars, but how could I replace my rulers with scales,
spin-buttons or viewports?

/Johan Levin