Error building GTK 1.1.7 (knee bones connected to the)

Hello all,

One day a geek installed gtk 1.0.something on FreeBSD so he could install
GIMP (God's gift to geeks with big monitors and nice video cards). Then
while looking at all the cool g* type stuff he decided to try and get
GNOME to build on FreeBSD 2.2.6 He THEN realized that GNOME wanted the
developers tree of GTK so he went right out and downloaded that...he then
found that GTK 1.1.7 wanted glib so he went back and downloaded glib 1.1.7
which gtk 1.1.7 refused to see via glib-config..the configure script
whined and whined till the the geek did a  --disable-glibcheck (somthing
like that) then it started to build and then suddenly. . . .CRASH
syntax error in file makeenums.pl at line 5, next 2 tokens "my $flags"
syntax error in file makeenums.pl at line 13, next 2 tokens "my $opts "
syntax error in file makeenums.pl at line 16, next 2 tokens "*,"
Search pattern not terminated in file makeenums.pl at line 16, next char
^?
/\s*(\w+)(?:=(\S+))?/: ?+* follows nothing in regexp at makeenums.pl line
17*** Error code 255

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
lackey#

and the geek was very sad...so he begged the magic mailing list fairys to
make it all better...and they did(?)

The End

Nathanael Lierly