glib still doesn't link right on Solaris

If you do a normal install of glib and gtk+, for example

cd glib
./configure --prefix=/somedir
make
make install
cd ../gtk+
./configure --prefix=/somedir
make
make install

the second make (making gtk+) will fail at link because it
can't find the glib library.

I don't know exactly why this fails, but this is how I fix it
here.

In  /somedir/lib  make a link from libglib-1.1.so.6 to
libglib-1.1.so

In /somedir/bin change the '-lglib' in the glib-config script
to '-lglib-1.1'

I have no idea why a link from libglib-1.1.so works where
the link from libglib.so  that is created by the install
doesn't.

The default install works fine for me on linux.

Anybody know what is going on?

thanks,
Todd

   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 424-8008 |
   | MS OE70                                                    |
   | 6300 Bridgepoint Parkway Building #3                       |
   | Austin, Texas 78730                                        |