Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gdk: x i/o error

Scott Stone wrote:

> On 12 Dec 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > > Whenever I try and run a gtk application I get an error
> > > message like
> > >
> > >    Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
> > >    aborting...
> > >    IOT trap/Abort
> > >
> > > This has happened for about 4 or 5 apps, all of which seemed
> > > to compile just fine, including the GTK FAQ file's
> > > helloworld.c example.  I am using glib/gdk/gtk 1.1.6, which
> > > all built and installed fine.  But the problem also
> > > ocurred with v1.0.6.  I have ensured that no old versions
> > > of these librarie, or header files, are mixed up with the
> > > version I have built with.  I have tried running as root, also.

I've noticed this error while using the Free TNT-Lite Mix server
for Windows95. It doesn't always fail, and usually immediately
starting the program again works. Haven't tried to trace where
it's failing yet, but it seems to be something in the startup code.
Once a program starts up, it will run fine.