spin button problem

Hi,

to which signals should a spin button be connected?
activate is not enough, it reacts only when ENTER was pressed
button_release_event and leave_notify_event doesn't transfer the
gpointer's contents of the callback function correctly.
key_press_event doesn't ensure that the spin button value was updated.

Hint:
I'm using GTK+ 1.0.6 because I couldn't install e newer releas on my
machine.

Thanks for each advice in advance!!

Bernd

--