Hex Editor/Viewer (request)

I'm about to begin developing a gtk based program that will be used to
display the registers of a microcontroller that is being simulated. It
will function somewhat similar to a hex editor.  Do any of you already
have something like this (or does somebody want to do it :] )?

thanks,

Scott

FYI:
The simulator is targetted torwards Microchip PIC microcontrollers. It's
on the 9'th rev and can be found at:

http://www.interstice.com/~sdattalo/gnupic/gpsim.html

I currently use the readline library (same as gdb) and have a command line
interface. I intend to keep the CLI, but augment it with the register
viewer.