Re: [gtk-list] GTK-- compilation problems

"David Given" <david_given@tao.co.uk> writes:

> I'm trying to compile gtk---0.10.1 on gtk+-1.1.3:

You can't. Get gtk+ 1.1.5, or wait for the next gtk-- release which
should work with 1.1.7.

> I'm currently downloading the latest GTK, but should it gtk-- compile on that
> version?

No, it shouldn't. gtk+ 1.1 has gone under several incompatibles
changes in its API.

> Note to the GTK-- authors: it would be nice if you could be just a
> *little* more specific about which version of GTK it requires; I've
> never been able to make it compile in the past, either.

See the release notes from the Gtk-- homepage.

A couple of months ago, when gtk+ 1.1 was evolving much faster than
now, we said that to use Gtk-- with gtk+ 1.1, you'd have to fetch both
from CVS. The problem then was that making releases wouldn't make too
much sense, except for people still using gtk+ 1.0.

Since then, things have begun to stabilize quite a bit, so we're
trying to make new releases in synch with the gtk+ 1.1 ones.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent