RE: [gtk-list] Re: trouble installing latest GTK+ 1.1.6

> I'm relatively certain that, for what you're trying to do, you need to set
> prefix to /home/collpits2/visitors/bernd, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> /home/collpits2/visitors/bernd/lib instead. Somebody please correct me if
> I'm wrong - otherwise, hope this helps.

	No, you should be able to use any path you want, as long as you own
it.

> > Then I accomplished to run configure successfully by renaming
> > libgmodule-1.1.so.6.0.0 to libgmodule-1.1.so and by renaming
> > libglib-1.1.so.6.0.0 to libglib-1.1.so

	This is a no no!  Don't ever rename a library.  The better is to
make
	a soft/symbolic link.

	ln -s libglib-1.1.so.6.0.0 libglib-1.1.so

	I believe that shared objects know their names, so don't rename
them!

	I'm suprised that the install of glib didn't set this up for you.

	There's probably more to this story, I don't think this is totally
	the cause of your problems.