Early difficulty

Hi!

	I am trying (from a button callback) to tell the main window to close
itself. So, in my button callback I have the code:

gtk_signal_emit_by_name( GTK_OBJECT( main_window ), "delete_event" );

The callback for the delete event for the main window gets called, but I
get a GDK segv:

Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

The callback contains just the line gtk_main_quit(). When I close the main
window, the callback for the delete event for the main window gets called,
and everything exits correctly, without any errors.

Two questions:
1. why do I get the segv?
2. how do I tell a window to close, such that the delete_event callback is
called?

Thanks,

Mihai

--