Re: [gtk-list] Pixmap animation/replace-on-the-fly

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon wrote:

> HI (hello?!)
> 	Can anybody point me to a relatively simple pixmap
> animation example? or at least something to replace a pixmap
> in a button with another pixmap on the fly. I say simple because
> I don't want to download terabytes of GNOME code just to use
> 0.5% of it, besides my sysadmin wouldn't be happy with that
> either...

well, in my xturboappmgr program, I have a little pin-up button that you
can click and it changes the background color - doing this is about the
same difficulty as reloading a pixmap into the button and updating it...
you just need to reload the pixmap instead of changing the background
color, and my loop code will take care of the update.
ftp.pht.com:/pub/turbolinux-3.0-updates/SRPMS/xturboappmgr*.src.rpm

get it, install it, have a blast.  let me know if you like it.  It's a
windowmanager-independent app launcher that uses /etc/X11/wmconfig/*
files, btw.  My first GTK+ app, but a pretty nice one, IMHO.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)