RE: [gtk-list] Why is realize screwing things up???

> Greetings. I have been trying to create a widget that inherits from
> the 'gtktreeitem' widget that allows the user to specify a label and
> pixmaps to be displayed for both the expanded and collapsed states
> in addition to the '+' and '-' pixmaps for navigating the tree. I have
> spent a good 3 hours trying to get it to work and can not understand
> why my 'realize' method does not work even though I chain up to the
> parent class 'realize' method. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

In the class init function, you've set the parent class to GtkItem
instead of GtkTreeItem. Is that it?

static void
gtk_tree_item_pix_class_init (GtkTreeItemPixClass *class)
{
  GtkWidgetClass *widget_class;

  widget_class = (GtkWidgetClass*) class;
  parent_class = gtk_type_class (gtk_item_get_type ());

  widget_class->realize = gtk_tree_item_pix_realize;
}

Damon