RE: [gtk-list] Re: Signal and event management.

----------
> De: Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org>
> Fecha: jueves 3 de diciembre de 1998 12:02
>
> i guess, what you want is gtk_signal_set_funcs(), with that you do all
> of your signal connections with a function pointer of NULL.
> you have to setup the data you pass into the signals to contain the
> function pointer and the data you'd normally pass, e.g.

[... some stuff removed ... ]

It's not exactly what  you proposed, but your comment is very welcome, it
give me an idea to develop. Thank you.

> i don't know what exactly you need to achive on the widgets, for GLE (a
> layout engine for gtk on GNOME cvs), i pretty much get away with
> connecting to special signals only, i.e. draw or size-allocate, since
> any parameters that are applied to widgets and take visual effects
> have to go through these signals at some point. if you, for some
> reason really need to trap all signals on a widget, there's
> only the possibility of signal emission hooks left, which can be used to
> connect hook functions (with certain restrictions) to a signal of a
> specific widget type. the function will then be called for all widgets
> that emit this signal at some point. though, the emission hooks are still
> under development, and do not have a committing API yet (that'll probably
> be the case after the next weekend or so).
>
> that's basically all there is about trapping gtk signals, after you got
> an idea on what possibilities are provided, i hope you can find out
> which one fits your needs best, or what's still missing from Gtk+'s
> signal system in your opinion.

Yes, I've look at gtk_emission on Gtk 1.1.3 is what I need, btw other in
this list has show me some paths to follow, and two of them are really
interesting solutions.

As suggested I will take a further look at signal emission and if I can
conclude something interesting I will popose some ideas to enhance this
Api.

THANKS your message has been very informative to me.

Bye.... for now...

Enric
Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it.