RE: [gtk-list] Re: Signal and event management.

----------
> De: Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com>
> Fecha: viernes 4 de diciembre de 1998 1:20
>
> It should be pointed out that connecting to all signals on all
> widgets, or even a large subset will badly hurt the performance of
> GTK+. Signal emission in GTK+ is fairly complex and expensive process,
> so, to make up for that, GTK+ is selective about emitting signals.
>
>  - It only emits the signals that someone requests.
>  - It bypasses most of the checks for signals if there are
>    no signals connected to a widget.

Ok, the problems I have is that I use Gtk as an underlining widget library
for another OO Widget library (I change the hierarchy), I don't know what
calls the user are going to ask in advance, so I need to pass the signal to
the new widgets, encapsulate it in a OO virtual Method and do the call if
the user defined a method for the "event" then the code gets executed, if
not, nothing happens and the signal restarts to Gtk+, this is the reason I
want to capture all (almost all) signals, and also the reason to do it
without calling signal_connect for all signals for all widgets.

Thanks for the info and your time.

Bye.... for now...

Enric
Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it.