RE: [gtk-list] Re: Signal and event management.

> > ----------
> > > De: Ionutz Borcoman
> > > Fecha: miércoles 3 de diciembre de 1998  10:09
>
> If you have time to look at others' projects, than maybe you find time
> to look at VDK also. It's also a C++ wrapper, but more a la BCB. And as
> BCB is based on VCL, maybe you will like VDK so much that you'll make
> your Delphi based on VDK. :)
>
> The address is:
>
> http://www.guest.net/homepages/mmotta/VDKHome/index.htm

I did, I've also read Gtk--, and the only thing I can say is that it is not
easily understood by me (you know C++ is not one of my strong points), I
must to devote very much time just to understand how Gtk-- works, and
looking at main.cc and object.cc I clearly can not understand what a
Gtk_Class_Proxy_Objec is.

I've read also VDK (very similar problem to Gtk--) it is also C++, it uses
templates (for something like properties, btw I don't like templates), and
the worst thing I dislike more is that they use signal the same way you do
in C, you must define a signal table that a preprocesor converts to
signal_connect calls (or very similiar), so for me is clearly somthing I
don't want to follow.

What I need essentially is a way to extend the signal mechanism in Gtk
without using signal_connect, or without the overhead of the signal_connect
mechanism, I need a way to pass ALL GTK SIGNALS to my own objects, think
for a while that If I have a form with let say 200 controls and I want to
be able to process some of the signals in an OO way without knowing in
advance what signals to call, I must to ask Gtk for a signal_connect for
all 200 controls for all Gtk signals (a medium of 60 for object), that's
about 12000 signal_connect calls, an overhead I want to elude.

Btw thanks for the info and for taking your time to answer me.

Bye.... for now.

Enric
Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it.