Re: [gtk-list] gcc doesn't like gtk-- on IRIX

> Good day,
> 	This seems to be more of a problem with gcc than gtk--, but it is in the
> process of configuring gtk-- that the problem occurs, so I was hoping that
> someone else would know how to work around my problem. I am using gcc 2.8.1
> and libstdc++ 2.8.1.1 on IRIX 6.5, compiled as specified at
> http://reality.sgi.com/ariel/freeware/gcc-2.8.1.html . It's worked fine for
> glib, gtk+, et. al. up to gtk-- . When I do ./configure for gtk--, it reports:
>
> checking if string class works(required)... configure: warning: C++ compilers
> string support does not work
> no
>
> Thanks!
> -"Zow"

Maybe you want to try gcc 2.91.57 (i.e., egcs 1.1)... it is the active
developed GNU C/C++.  See http://egcs.cygnus.com

Don't know if that solves your problem...

--
Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai)                       e-mail: atai@ece.ucsd.edu

Free software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people,
worldwide.  Develop! Share! Enhance! And enjoy!