Re: [gtk-list] Re: GNOME widgets --> GTK+ widgets

Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

> I don't know about GnomeCanvas;

I just want to make clear that the canvas widget is the only widget
that I currently care about.  With regard to being moved into Gtk that
is.

As you say, there are some widgets in libgnomeui that are--by virtue
of their name--destined to end up in Gtk.  That's fine and I don't
mind at all that they are now in libgnomeui.  They can easily be moved
once that is considered to be the right thing.

But the canvas actually is named GnomeCanvas.  I'd rather have it
renamed to GtkCanvas to make clear that it is also a basic widget that
is *very* useful outside of Gnome.  But no need to put it into the Gtk
distro right now.

If it's too tedious to rename it, I volunteer to do it.  If we all
agree to do it, it should be done as soon as possible.