Re: [gtk-list] Making Labels bold...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

> Hi !
>
> It seems I am unable to find an attribute that would set a label to
> "bold" - is the only possibility really to load another font and use
> that ? That seems like a relatively ugly solution...

well, the usual way is indeed to select a different font, most preferably one
that has "bold" specified for the wight portion.
however, xterm provides another way for bold display of letters, that is
to draw a letter two times, with an offset of one pixel. this could easily
be implemented for gtk labels as well, but it would apply to the label as
a total and not feature emphasizing of single letters.

> Later,
> 	Georg

---
ciaoTJ